homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken Feed Quest.

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken Feed Quest.
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 07:44:49 -0800 (PST)

Usually at the market they are close to $2.00 dz, here. But, the market has
them regularly, on sale, for 99 cents per dz. Because I know (I wish I
didn't) how chickens are raised, today, in big ag; I don't mind paying more
for healthier eggs, but I just don't trust the market 'organic' eggs to be
much different than the others. Roxanne said her tests showed they were
similar. They taste the same. When I bought free range eggs, the yolks were
more 'orange' like someone mentioned, but the market eggs all seem the same
except for the carton and the price...............