homestead - Re: [Homestead] was: More on Gold now: knowing up front

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was: More on Gold now: knowing up front
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 21:26:58 -0500

Interesting Lynn--I don't think you're much older than I, but my mom is only
69. My grandmother isn't quite as old as your mom.

My mother was 40 when I was born (I was also 40 when my daughter was born, so there's 80 years between my mother and daughter).

My mom was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease when she was in her late
twenties. I spent a lot of years cooking, cleaning, taking care of things
for her. (My father died young.) Now that I'm pretty much free, my mom
would be happy to have me back to take care of her again.

My mother is starting to go downhill. I can see the day when she'll have to move in with me (and dreading it). Absolutely nothing I do is right, according to her. One of us wouldn't survive living together, and if you think I'm tough, you should see her..

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA