homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bev and her eyes

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bev and her eyes
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:40:50 -0800 (PST)

--- On Tue, 12/23/08, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> After my father died in 2006, I had planned to take my
> inheritance and
> have LASIK done.

Lasik can be good, everyone but me seems to be pleased with theirs. In my
case I could read without glasses a little, now I can't. When I talked to
the doctor he first kept repeating numbers, I said I didn't care about
numbers but my reading was worse than before.
He then tried to tell me they said I would need reading glasses, when I
pointed out they didn't say it could get worse he tried to tell me it wasn't
worse, and later said it was my imagination.
After all that I have to start over with a new doctor because I can't trust
any person who won't accept responsibility.
The lesson is do your research, thoroughly.
This applies to doctors as well as almost every other thing.
Van Dell