homestead - Re: [Homestead] computer crashed and burned!

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] computer crashed and burned!
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 19:21:51 -0800 (PST)

I had a nasty hijacker/spyware,,, it took forever to find someone who had the
beginnings of the clue on how to get rid of it, as SpyBot and another common
one were not zapping it.
It had a way of hiding in the registery and duplicating itself on re-boot.  I
finally did find that little bugger in several different spots in the
registry but that was 48 hours later and nearly bald later...  And I
defintely had better things to do...   Death to the virus and malware
writers...