homestead - Re: [Homestead] wood stoves

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wood stoves
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 17:00:09 +0000

That sounds like a really useful feature. It's something I'll keep in mind if
I shop for another woodstove. Right now we have one of those ugly old
heat-o-lators and outside waiting to install is one of those 2 burner
woodstoves gene mentioned. it's old and needs to be cleaned and repainted.
but all the parts are there and it looks functional enough. the heat-o-lator
needs new firebricks, but it sure heats up a space good. i put a fan behind
it to blow the heat into the room.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)

Some can be attached to the house hot water piping.  We used it for
anything we wanted hot water for--cooking, dishwater, whatever.  Use to
come in from morning chores and drop a couple of eggs in there--hard
boiled eggs to go with your cottage cheese and bread for noonmeal when
the men were gone off somewhere, used to be my 'fast food'.

SJ