homestead - Re: [Homestead] wood stoves

  • From: sjc <indexer AT fairpoint.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wood stoves
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 10:43:55 -0500

roxann wrote:
i think the water holds the heat and dispenses it slowly after the fire is
gone. although i guess you could also use it for creating hot water, which
would be nicer if it had a spigot at the bottom somewhere.
Some can be attached to the house hot water piping. We used it for anything we wanted hot water for--cooking, dishwater, whatever. Use to come in from morning chores and drop a couple of eggs in there--hard boiled eggs to go with your cottage cheese and bread for noonmeal when the men were gone off somewhere, used to be my 'fast food'.

SJ