homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hatching Round 2

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hatching Round 2
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 18:33:04 -0500

ROTFL!
Yeah, there is a huge difference in meaning between site and sight in
this case. The common phrase 'shoot on sight' was intended, but I think
I like the meaning of what I wrote better, Knowwhatimean Vern?
Hey, speaking of Vern,,,,how is he, Gene?
Saw this thing on TV about Jim Varney, the actor who played Ernest in so
many commercials of yesteryear. Would you believe that the guy is a
trained Shakespearean actor? The showed him on stage doing a
Shakespearean monologue-I forget which play, but it was just too freaky
for me, knowwhatImean?

The .22 with tiny pellets is what I buy as rat shot. It works great for
snakes, too. In the summer, I alternatively load, 2 rat, one Federal.
If it is a rat, one shot suffices, If it is a rattlesnake, I use all
three, just to be sure.

As for a hatching update, I have 3 living chicks in a box and 5 more
that appear to be about to pop shells. I usually mist them every few
hours on the last day, but I wasn't here last night, so I worried that I
will have a high mortality rate due to not enough humidity in the 'bator
to allow hatching.

Bev