homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hatching Round 2

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hatching Round 2
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:30:37 -0500

bobf wrote:
Bev, this is going to sound naiive, but I don't know about raising chickens. You are getting the chicks for free and feeding them for free; why do you limit their numbers?

I am not limiting numbers..why do you think that? I am trying as hard
as I can to generate numbers!

If you have a bunch running
around all of the time, even if the predators took a percentage , wouldn't you still have plenty left?

That's the idea. But better would be to put roosters in the freezer
before the predators get them.

--
The true significance of Sacajawea's involvement in the Lewis & Clark
expedition is that it was the first documented trip in history where men