homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wood cook stove, two burner, narrow

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wood cook stove, two burner, narrow
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:31:25 -0800 (PST)

Yes Ssusan, that is the one I have been studying. How did you guess? Are
they really that well known with cook stoves? wow.
The description is in my post and there is a link to the picture,

from lehman's:

Pioneer Maid
Low cost, controlled burn

Amish-made Cookstoves

Amish tinkerer and machinist Mark Stoll was never satisfied with things the
way they were. A lifetime of wood burning experience led him to view
old-fashioned cookstoves, with their tiny fireboxes as impractical dinosaurs.
The Stoll family continues to re-engineer their cookstoves from the ground
up. The Pioneer Maid stove was the first North American cookstove to take
advantage of the improved performance that controlled combustion design
brings. Today, many other wood cookstoves feature controlled combustion, but
Stoll's unconventional ranges are still an exceptional investment.

Use it once and you'll think it's huge. Cooktop is 6% larger, oven is 20%
larger and its firebox is 75% larger than any other stove in our catalog.
Porcelain finish for easy clean-up. Stainless steel oven with porcelain-lined
bottom. Top-loading through the oversized 11" diameter lid. Optional
stainless steel reservoir holds 11 gallons. Optional porcelain-lined 10" x
10" warming closet installs above cooktop and keeps food warm or herbs dry.

Controlled Combustion - Precise control of firebox temperatures and extended,
overnight burns. Big, fist-sized knobs stay cool to the touch. Easy
our catalog. This stove easily handles irregularly shaped or unsplit wood.
Easily heats small or average-sized homes.
Durable, Simplified Design - Traditional cookstoves are screwed together from
sheet metal panels. Pioneer cookstoves are reinforced with welded steel. Many
parts (50% of the Maid's body by weight) are stainless steel. One-piece steel
(not stainless) top with two lids for access, firebrick-lined firebox, unique
dump grate system.
Amish Farmer Practicality - If you want nostalgic design, world class
appearance or a nice finish, this is not your stove. Pioneer ranges are built
for function, not form. They are assembled in a farmer's backyard, after all.
Like most things on a farm, how it works means much more than how it looks.
Customers who buy this stove are usually happy with its performance but often
complain about nonaligned seams and rough finishes that may show weld
spatter. (For example, the air controls work well but wobble when you turn
them.) Tested to UL standards, two-year warranty. Made in Canada.
Note: Unlike most stoves, even though they are tested to UL standards, they
need floor protection ¾" thick that extends to the front and sides an
additional 18"

Note: The cook stoves will ship by semi truck to a freight terminal near your
home. The freight is $225.00 and is prepaid when the order is placed.
Please click here for freight information.

http://www.lehmans.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=507

Item# Product Qty Pricing, Availability

PMRC Pioneer Maid Cookstove with reservoir and closet $2,699.00, On
Backorder

Plus $225 for freight.

PMC Pioneer Maid Cookstove with Closet $2,550.00, In Stock

Optional Closet (as shown) Traditional porcelain-lined cupboard above the
cooktop to keep your food warm, dry herbs, etc. 10" x 10" x width of stove.
Must be ordered with stove; it cannot be added later. Plus $225 for freight.

PMR Pioneer Maid Cookstove with huge reservoir $2,499.00, On
Backorder

Plus $225 for freight.

PM Pioneer Maid Cookstove with shelf $2,299.00, On Backorder

Plus $225 for freight.

P01 Hot running Water for Bakers' Choice/Pioneer Maid $95.00, In
Stock

Your Bakers' Choice or Pioneer Maid stove can provide hot running water
(reservoir required). Connect this stainless steel tube to your house
plumbing and install (any time) in stove firebox. Install through provided
knockouts.

L532 Owner's Manual- Pioneer Maid $0.00, In Stock

Stove warranty, installation, use and care. (Included with stove purchase.)
Stove specifications are subject to change at any time. Please do not cut
holes or size hearth until you have your stove.

Literature - Cook Stoves

DuraBlack Single-Wall Black Pipe

Porcelain Stovetop Humidifiers

Hot Water from your Woodstove