homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wood cook stove, two burner, narrow

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wood cook stove, two burner, narrow
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:05:19 -0800 (PST)

I saw one like the one in the picture, but it didn't seem very narrow, up
close

I saw a completely refurbished beautiful woodstove at the same place, it was
that old green, gold, and black, all gold trimmimgs, and was very large. It
was pricey. I have seen a number of decent looking wood cook stoves out here
with widely varied prices. There isn't much use for them in Phoenix, and
they are heavy as hell to transport. The pricier ones are always the fancy
ones -- money for show.

Lehmans has an Amish 'welded' wood cookstove. It isn't nearly their most
expensive, but it has the biggest oven and the biggest cook stove surface.
And, they factor in transport with price. I have been watching for the
perfect used one at the perfect price, to buy and store out here. But, if I
don't find it, I think the one from Lehmans would wrok best for a novice like