homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wood cook stove, two burner, narrow

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wood cook stove, two burner, narrow
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 16:28:34 -0700

On Dec 19, 2008, at 4:13 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

Gene GeRue wrote:
Does anyone know a source for a narrow wood stove with two cook plates
on top, one in front of the other?

Ah...I don't think I remembered seeing a woodstove at Heartwood. Did I
miss it or will this be a new homestead purchase.

Ahah! She speaks! Happy to see you up and about. Behave yourself or I will put you on a pure diet of fine beer.

Good memory (but perhaps you misread my plea above; don't have one to get rid of, want one to install). No woodstove upstairs except on the left end of the old gas stove. For those interested in such things, the old Wedgewood was built during a transition time when stoves were still thought to properly look as if they burned wood even though gas burners lurked below the iron lids.

I used a single- and then a double-barrel stove in the basement for many years. Got tired of having to hurry back home from dinners with friends. Installed a gas heater with thermostat. Now want three ways to cook and stay warm. Did I mention that I love utility redundancy?

I seek to sneak a narrow wood-burning stove between the end of the countertop and the new gas range. Nothing quite like a wood fire to warm up a kitchen on cold mornings, then make breakfast upon it.