homestead - Re: [Homestead] Moods

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Moods
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 23:56:58 -0500

Jeez, *everybody* seems moody today!
Maybe it is the weather, maybe it is the holidays and depression, maybe
it is cabin fever, or maybe it is a political hangover...
whatever people...
I have noticed, that despite Mr. Obama being in the news quite a bit,
that he is not being discussed here...no mention of the inauguration,
very little mention of cabinet picks, no mention of Hillary or Bill,
almost no mention of the Blogo scandal, Rahm, the middle name issue,
etc....very odd. <BEG>

I actually have presents under the tree this year...first year in too
many that I have had something there...some of the gifts are homemade,
but I did go out and spend money for the little Princess, who turned one
year old today. I also went to Barnes and Noble...OMG, I should never
do that again....can you say DANGEROUS? ;) I pulled out the credit
card, yup, the one that I had just paid off...it was really a stupid
thing to do, and yet, I did it, because I haven't given presents in
quite a number of years. Stupid, stupid stupid...real homesteader
like...not.

Kate told me again this evening that she talked to TJ and that he said
he couldn't make it home, but I'm telling ya, I still think he is
coming. I just have this vision of finding my son under the tree on
Christmas morning...too weird. Everyone thinks I am just setting myself
up to be disappointed, but I know in my heart what I know... I sewed a
huge ribbon out of some gold colored(you know that gold color from the
60's) sheets and tied it around a tree out front. People think I've
lost it, but I know he is coming home. I've got nesting syndrome, too.

--
The true significance of Sacajawea's involvement in the Lewis & Clark
expedition is that it was the first documented trip in history where men