homestead - Re: [Homestead] big agri-biz

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] big agri-biz
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:24:29 -0800 (PST)

Good Grief, Lynn. David carradine is as western as I could ever hope to
never have been. It is a tv show, for goodness sakes ;-). Why is everyone
so touchy. I have actually been in a decent mood , in spite of the circle of
hell building up in my society. If I can't have fun with a kid's show, wow.

Of course I have a western mind-set. I live in the west. Most of us in the
U.S. have a western mindset. I am , however open-minded. Now you aren't
going to make me take Kung Fu or Deepak Chopra seriously; they are both too
cartoonish in my view. It would be like me taking the Brady Bunch and Jim
Bakker seriously. But, I take many other things that you , James, Bev, and
many others tell me and think them through, study further, take them
seriously, and sometimes realize that you all are on to something.

You don't take all of my privacy fear stuff seriously. Sometimes, I have
been poked fun at because of my concerns. That's okay. We all have our
issues that are serious to us. By the way, when did people our age start
saying "diss" ? :-)

I would like to learn more about herbs and stuff that is real, that cultures
(mainly eastern) have used with proven efficacy. I have tried a few before,
with negative results, but I am willing to try again. I'm always ope to new
things as long as I can figure when I am or am not being given a slick sales
pitch.

And, speaking of David Carradine, I said I liked Kill Bill; now that would be
a good exerciser tape :-) .........................

--- On Thu, 12/18/08, Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> You also dissed David Carradine's show recently...you are clearly rooted in
> Western thought processes. How's that working for you? You seem to have a
> lot of angst and health problems. Many people do fine all their lives with
> Western thought, but I've found that there is a whole other world/mind set
> out there, and it's better than the one I was in.Buddhism and Chopra type
> thinking explain things to me in ways that Westhern philosophy (or
> medicine...they aren't separated in many cultures)
never could.