homestead - Re: [Homestead] Playing Possum

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Playing Possum
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 18:40:31 -0500

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 6:10 PM, william Eggers <wce1482 AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> Not good. When I was young, we had a maiden aunt who lived with us and she
> would cook anything we killed. She did refuse to cook skunk. But she
> cooked everything else, turtle, snake, frogs, coon, rabbit, squirrel. Even
> sparrows. Anyway the opossum was not so good.

I hope to Hades that we are not ever so hungry that I am inclined to cook
opossum. There is an abundance of wildlife around here including all of the
above and those animals sound far more appetizing. I've tried snake and frog
before and they were okay. Heaven help us lour list members if we're all
suddenly salivating for an opposum dinner. We'll know the straits are indeed
dire, or we're feeling rather adventurous.

lkvp