homestead - Re: [Homestead] Playing Possum

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Playing Possum
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 23:37:29 -0500

I read this after I posted...lol
Yes, very sharp teeth..It was smaller than the average housecat, but had very, very sharp, pointy teeth. Did I mention that it had a lot of teeth? :)

Gene GeRue wrote:
Possums and eggs don't mix. We've had to send one to be with its ancestors
when we cornered it in the chicken coop.

Possums seem rather wussy. Do not mistake their size as lack of danger. I was once kicking a frozen wood pile apart in Wisconsin when I was about sixteen. That upset one little feller trying to hibernate I guess, and it clamped its teeth into my foot. The teeth left marks on my foot skin. Further damage avoided due to heavy boots and thick wool socks. Sharp teeth.

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda