homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dog rescues dog..

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dog rescues dog..
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 14:39:59 -0500

I did respond to Lynda's question, but I am not 'patriotic', like you bev. I prefer to be judged as a nation of individuals and communities.

Nicely put, Bob. I agree. I see the Federal Government as an entity separate from the people of this country. I don't think it really represents any individual's or community's view. It rolls along, powered by unknown forces (i.e. corporations, financial insitutions, and other special interests) that we the people don't see. And we all just roll along, trying not to get crushed by it. We as a country have done some good things, but also done some very wicked things...I think 'we the people' have no idea about half the 'wicked things' our government has done.

Lynn Wigglesworth