homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dog rescues dog..

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dog rescues dog..
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 18:04:22 -0500

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 4:35 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> until someone explains the cap and trade thing to me.

I don't understand it, Bev, beyond this. A cap on emissions would be set.
Companies that exceed the cap would be penalized through fine/tax and/or
would be allowed to purchase emission indulgences from companies that did
not reach the cap.

Sounds to me like it would be hard to create a policy more primed for abuse
and loads of unanticipated ugly consequences, but I am too un-savvy to know
what they are likely to be.

Please, if I am seriously confused about this, point me toward clarity.

Thanks
Cathy