homestead - Re: [Homestead] You think they won't taxyourhomestead...............

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] You think they won't taxyourhomestead...............
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 11:22:27 -0500

Lynn, I thought I asked before, if I did, I apologize for asking again. What is the heigth of your five strand tensile? Is it high >enough to prevent cows and goats from escaping?

Bob; you did ask, but I forgot to answer, sorry. I think it's about 4'. It's more the distance between the wires that keeps them in. You can keep dairy cows in with one strand (calves and bulls are more adventurous). Deer are the only critters I know who will jump it; the others try to climb or squeeze between the wires...the electric shock discourages that. Although a sheep in full wool doesn't seem to feel it...that's why there's so many strands...they can't physically fit through.

Lynn Wigglesworth