homestead - Re: [Homestead] You think they won't taxyourhomestead...............

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] You think they won't taxyourhomestead...............
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:31:23 -0500

Why did your fence cost so much? Is it high-tensile or what ?

It's 5 strand high tensile (I have sheep also, and 5-strand is recommended), and it's the entire way around my 42 acres (well over a mile of fencing). with 4 gates in it (bracing for gates in high tensile is ghastly expensive). For many years, I had old, falling down fences around a couple of pastures...I could only graze 10 of my 42 acres. I was forever chasing cows and propping up the fences. They were so bad that I couldn't even keep them charged...I had to do this or give up the animals. Now I have sub-divided pastures, some streambank fencing, and a perimeter fence. It doesn't stop deer, though...they sail right over it.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA