homestead - Re: [Homestead] Vegetarian diet

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Vegetarian diet
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 20:11:01 -0600

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:42 AM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> Love them Buddhists, the Dalai Lama eats pork regularly, you know.
>
> But your friend's list of explanations, and you may quote me on this, is
> mainly bull squeeze.

The Second Coming must be imminent, since James and I seem to be
agreeing on a number of things in the past few days. It really does
depend on which vegetable grown where, and which animal grown where.
Not a single soybean is needed to produce a pound of meat unless you
have no pasture and are running a feedlot.

That said, I've never like a whole lot of meat, but -- damn -- a rare
steak every six weeks or so is quite cheering.

Marie, mostly eating lentils and black beans and stuff like that
because she likes it