homestead - Re: [Homestead] Vegetarian diet

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Vegetarian diet
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:25:59 EST

> >This is only his reasons for his personal choice. He does not object to
> other people eating meat. He is not out to "save the world" or convince
> anyone else.

I understand that. But he is sharing those reasons for whatever purposes and
it would be more a point to ponder if those reasons were based in reality.

I might say that I have to eat only meat because pandimentional beings from
another realm of reality visited me and told me that it was immoral to eat
plants. But it wouldn't be based on reality ... any reality that I could
share
with anyone, that is.

If those are the real reasons he doesn't eat meat, he is living a delusion.

Nobody needs a reason to be a vegetarian, it isn't something that needs to be
justified to anyone. I don't drink coffee. Ever. It's just a quirk, a
fact. I much doubt it is unhealthy, quite the contrary. And I don't object
the taste. I just don't drink it. If I tried to express why, I'd say that
in
all my "Vida de un PĂ­caro" (a famous Spanish short story), I wanted to be
able
to pretend that there is one vice that I forwent. But only that one.
Everything else is fair game. But if you come to my house, you get coffee
(if you
want it).

When I hear that list of reasons for not being a vegetarian, I don't buy for
a minute that it's the same thing with me and the coffee. It's a sermonette
with the preacher making a effort to look all innocent as if to say, "What?
didn't say anything about anyone else! YOUUUU may want to destroy the
environment but not MEEEE."

James