homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tractor question, please

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tractor question, please
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:46:22 -0500

It really comes down to we either need a tractor or we at least need a
scythe to stay on this farm. We have hilly terrain, a long gravel & dirt
drive (it's also a hill), a pond, and a couple of good-sized fields. This
tractor is expensive (to us), but others that cost less were junk or not 4WD
or both. A good scythe is far less expensive and fossil fuel free, but it
can't scrape your driveway or fill in potholes or dig holes.

lkvp