homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fennel

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fennel
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 22:44:48 -0800

Most plants don't like fennel. Beans and tomatoes HATE it! Dill likes it but they'll cross polinate sometimes.

Most folks I know that grow fennel grow it in their flower garden, well away from the veggie garden.

I went and looked at the seed packet. I have "Florence" variety, which
I searched and found out that it is the bulb type, finocchio as Lynda
describes it. Mine says it grows to 48".
I'm mostly worried about the companion thing. Do you find it does harm
to other vegetables Wen?