homestead - [Homestead] Greens, plants, seeds - winter garden done

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Greens, plants, seeds - winter garden done
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 09:04:38 -0800 (PST)

Well, I just finished planting my wineter garden. I just dug long shallow
renches in the tilled, steer-maured soil and broadcast maybe a couple of
thousand seeds so small I could barely see. The packages said to plant 3
seeds per inch, on most packets. They seeds were too blasted small for me to
pick up and count.

I just did the best I could. I also planted about thirty (greens) plnts
from four-packs from the nursey. All I planted, seeds and plants were greens
, (except one seed pack and two live plant brocolli)mustards, collards,
spinch, turnips, deluxe salad, oh she did get one pack of hot pepper seeds, I
just kind of threw thim in amongst -- we will see...

I'm sweaty and smell slightly of composted steer manure. The same smell my
dog has now, daily, since I fertilized the garden plot. She rolls and rolls
in the stuff -- stupid dog ............bobford