homestead - Re: [Homestead] Greens, plants, seeds - winter garden done

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Greens, plants, seeds - winter garden done
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 13:03:01 -0500

bob ford wrote:
Me too, bev. I'm just planting what everyone else in phoenix is
planting, plus a few odd things. My bell peppers are producing
nicely. Tomatoes, as I said, are healthy but barely even any green
tomatoes. Everyone at the nursery was buying greens to palnt,
according to wife.

Here, transplanted greens, like collards and the cole crops are mostly already in the ground. It would be too late to seed cole crops like broccoli, but we could plant spinach...I'm just not sure how much we would get because about the time it would be prolific, we would get a bunch of hard freezes.

I'll let you know how the garden turns out. I go to the best nursery
in Phoenix. They only have 'seasonal' live plants. I don't know
.......bobford

p.s. My seeds were less expensive per pack than yours

I'm sure they were...lol...I wanted those English peas..I would have spent the whole thing on peas if they had had more.

Bev

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda