homestead - Re: [Homestead] Greens, plants, seeds - winter garden done

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Greens, plants, seeds - winter garden done
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:13:21 -0800 (PST)

I don't remember our first freeze lat year. probably February. We generally
only have a couple of freezes, but we do have occasional am frost. It is
11:00 am , right now, and temps in mid 70's. Probably in N. GA, toy are in
low sixities, maybe even fifties. Good huinting weatrher.

I love the smell of cordite and gun-powdwer in the chilly am. When I was
talking to my brother yesterday, he said other brother had just sent him a
text message, he had my seven year-old nephew sigthing in on a spike.

I'll try to call today to see if he made the kill. I was 10, before I killed
my first deer.
But, his daddy (one of my brothers) loves to hunt, and is teaching his sons
well -- at least about hunting .....sigh ........let me know how your hunting
and gardening continues .....bobford