homestead - Re: [Homestead] Greens, plants, seeds - winter garden done

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Greens, plants, seeds - winter garden done
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 09:52:54 -0800 (PST)

Me too, bev. I'm just planting what everyone else in phoenix is planting,
plus a few odd things. My bell peppers are producing nicely. Tomatoes, as I
said, are healthy but barely even any green tomatoes. Everyone at the
nursery was buying greens to palnt, according to wife.

I planted, the stuff d*mn sure better grow. Beofre I got sick a few years
back , I use to have very good fall gardens. I don't remember what I did
differently.

After I posted my first message, I let the dog in . She was covered in mudd
, up to her belly and torso. Front legs , thick with steer manure mud. She
is a natural digger -- probably saw a bug in the garden plot. She did not
accept bath graciously, but bathed she is, nontheless. And me.

I'll let you know how the garden turns out. I go to the best nursery in
Phoenix. They only have 'seasonal' live plants. I don't know .......bobford

p.s. My seeds were less expensive per pack than yours