homestead - Re: [Homestead] electric shock for bites

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] electric shock for bites
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 22:27:07 -0800

At 11/12/2008 08:17 PM,EarthNSky wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with this shock treatment stuff? Lynn?
--

Maybe 12 years ago there was a long article using shock to treat snake bites in "Field and Stream" or one of the outdoor magazines. This was a serious article.
I read the article in 96 or 97 as I recall. I did read it while I was still in the CG and I think I was in Michigan at the time.

It worked in the field with a natural bite but they could not duplicate it in the lab with laboratory venom.
Lot's of volts, think of using the car's coil for the spark, 60k or so?

Rob
becida AT comcast.net