homestead - Re: [Homestead] Worse than the Great Depression

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Worse than the Great Depression
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 22:27:29 -0800

Well, like so many posts from this list, I probably didn't get it :(

As to Pakistan AND Afghanistan. ah, we had out MILLIONS to farmers to not
grow herion poppies. They take the money and then turn around and grow the
poppies BUT our policy is to not spray them. Now how's that for farm aide?

And, do you really think bin Laden is alive and hiding in Pakistan? I mean,
the guy is 6'7" which would make him rather hard to hide amongst folks quite
a bit shorter AND it is harder an hell to do dialysis in a cave! He's
either dead, long ago, or he's in some major city somewhere and being well
taken care of in some foreign government's version of a safe house! With all the reward money we've offered, I'm betting on dead.

Yeah, I read today that we are about to lose AAA. We simply owe too much.
The Atlanta news station I watch had an expose about foreign aid
tonight. Would you believe with all the money we owe to China, that we
still provide them with millions of dollars of various aid?
We are also providing aid to Pakistani tribes, the same tribes that are
loyal to and which are probably hiding Bin Laden.
I do hope Obama goes through this stuff line by line. My fear though,
and this comes from what I read about his views on Africa, is that
instead of saving the money we send to China and other places, that he
will simply redirect it to African countries.
Speaking of that, no one on this list ever addressed my Africa post. Why?