homestead - [Homestead] The positive side to all this bad news

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] The positive side to all this bad news
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:41:19 -0700

"If the world gives you lemons, make lemonade."

A simplistic suggestion but sound. I've been thinking this morning of all the good that will come from the economic difficulties we will endure over the next year or three or whatever.

We will come together more strongly as families, friends, communities.

We will remember to focus on quality more than quantity.

We will remember that it is better to pay cash rather than borrow.

With less money we will be motivated to be more creative, to make do with what we have, to use materials at hand rather than buying manufactured item.

And we will feel good about our personal journeys toward ever greater self reliance.