homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rahm....was...What blacks should expect from Obama

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rahm....was...What blacks should expect from Obama
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 22:43:06 -0800

Major mistake, IMNSHO. The man doesn't play well with others and that is something that is needed IF ol' Teflon is going to succeed.

Plus, some of the names being tossed out there are just plain nutty. Collin Powell for Sec. of Education? Seriously, what are these people thinking? Or are they?

I swore no politics out of me, but I am curious, and I don't think my
comments will be too controversial...
What do y'all think of Rahm?

His appointment was a pleasant surprise for me. From what I understand,
Rahm is a 'centrist' Democrat. Remember how I was worried that with
Obama being Dem and Congress being Dem there would be no brakes? Well,
I think Rahm just might be Obama's brakes.
While some are talking doom and gloom, actually, I am feeling a lot more
positive about President Obama and the future. I am still on the right
of center, but just liberal enough to like a little tug to the
left...for balance.