homestead - Re: [Homestead] What blacks should expect from Obama

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What blacks should expect from Obama
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 21:29:31 -0500

I didn't have time to read the URL, but I will. I think that an Obama
presidency will change things for black people. I hope that he
continues to speak about personal responsibility for all Americans. I
think that he may take a "Bill Cosby" stance on some black issues, one
of responsibility.

I heard that on an MTV interview when asked about local municipalities
that pass laws against "low rider" pants, he said it was a waste of
time. Then he said, "That being said, brothers need to pull up their
pants."

Rob - Va