homestead - Re: [Homestead] Another wood-fired oven production

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Another wood-fired oven production
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 20:56:16 -0800

Was and will be raising some again in the spring. Aggie major in college at
one time. Sheep leader in 4-H on and off for over 30 years and roped into
it again for 2008/2009. :( I don't like sheep! However, everyone else in the blooming family seems to like them.

Also raised dairy goats (La Manchas are still my favs <g>) and will be getting a couple more in the spring (that is when our fencing will be finished, FINALLY), although DH insists that he wants a Cou Blanc Alpine.

When the ex and I owned the butcher shop we by-passed the middle man and raised the cattle, sheep and rabbits we sold in the shop.

Plus, my family had two ranches. One up outside Elko, NV (1/4 section plus lease land) and two homesteads in Hum. Co. (160 acres each). Ran cattle and sheep in NV. Mostly fruit trees, veggies and horses in Hum. Co plus a small number of cattle, sheep, etc. for family use.

Lynda

P.S. And the answer to the next question is I married two Italians which is where I get a lot of my Italian recipes from. Ah, just to be clear, not at the same time <g>
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

You don't have to answer this rhetorical question, but how do two women
who aren't sheep ranchers know so much about sheep?