homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Who's Da ...Politics of personal destruction

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Who's Da ...Politics of personal destruction
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 10:03:54 -0500

During the campaign, I didn't like Palin's attacks on Obama. They weren't attacks on his policies, but on him personally. I don't like that from any politician, but it seemed to be her 'job' as the pitbull in lipstick. Hearing her say things like "he doesn't see America the way WE do", implying that he's not one of 'us', really turned me off. She didn't do a thing to discourage the hatred at the rallies. I think that she particularly ran a very ugly, negative campaign, and if some of that ugliness is coming back at her, well, it's to be expected. Even McCain had enough of the negativity after a while and corrected the woman who said Obama was "an Arab".

Lynn Wigglesworth

----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>