homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Who's Da ...Politics of personal destruction

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Who's Da ...Politics of personal destruction
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 07:15:33 -0800 (PST)

She did her job. VP candidates are supposed to take on the Pres candidate.
She didn't set the tone or write the lines. Just like BO, JMC, or JB , they
didn't write theiras, either.

SP was thrown in and told the character she would play and how to play that
character. I'm not saying you are wrong in your perception, but , think
about it. If they wanted to personally destroy Obama; it could have been
Rev. Wright and the rest of the unseemly characters who surrounded BO, all
day long, all of the time.

JMC decidede not to go that route, but SP still had to play the hatchet man
part. This was not even close to being the most negative camopaigning I've
see. Actaually, I thought it was a pretty clean campaign. Those crowds were
rough from boths camps, and that has always been the case. You want to see
rate hate from the ignorant masses? Go back and let at the majority of the
letters to the editor from NYT editorials concerning SP. Most of those
people are filled with such unusal bitterness , fear, and hate and so little
ability to reason, that they should not be allowed to own domestic animal.

With me, part of it is seeing the new 'underdog', not just being picked on,
but intentionally destroyed. Part of it is, I'm am still curoius of that in
which the establishment of 'both' parties is so fearful ...bobford