homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Who's Da ...Politics of personal destruction

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Who's Da ...Politics of personal destruction
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 10:43:49 -0500

She did her job. VP candidates are supposed to take >on the Pres candidate. She didn't set the tone or write >the lines. Just like BO, JMC, or JB , they didn't write >theiras, either.

Well, then they set her up for it. Whoever wrote it, the words came out of her mouth, so she gets the repercussions. I didn't see Biden making personal attacks on McCain, and I thought he was quite the gentleman with Palin when he could have ripped into her.

SP was thrown in and told the character she would play >and how to play that character. I'm not saying you are >wrong in your perception, but , think about it. If they >wanted to personally destroy Obama; it could have been >Rev. Wright and the rest of the unseemly characters who >surrounded BO, all day long, all of the time.

It was here...anti-Obama, all day, every day. They concentrated a lot of negativity on Pennsylvania (I'm glad it didn't work...fear and hate-mongering should NEVER work). The Republicans were showing Rev. Wright and Ayers ads here right up until election day. Every day. Twenty times a day. They had ads with Palin saying "he doesn't see America the way we do", and "he launched his political career in the living room of a terrorist" with lots of scary picture of things burning, and mug shots of Ayers. Maybe only the swing states got these ads, but they were constant and negative for the last month or so of the election. Some were by the RNC, and some by the McCain campaign. Obama's ads got a little negative by the end, but nothing like McCain's.

. You want to see rate hate from the ignorant masses? >Go back and let at the majority of the letters to the >editor from NYT editorials concerning SP.

They can't be any worse than the things I've read about Obama on some of the right-wing sites...I agree that 'the masses' can be scary. So much hate.

With me, part of it is seeing the new 'underdog', not just >being picked on, but intentionally destroyed. Part of it >is, I'm am still curoius of that in which the establishment >of 'both' parties is so fearful ...bobford

I'm curious, too. Fox news is really slamming her, and saying that the Republican party is saying it. I assumed they would pat her on the back and let her go back to Alaska; maybe even groom her for next time. But they seem to be trying to destroy her politically. I don't dislike Palin, but I think she was in over her head. She made a valiant effort, towed the party line, and now 'they' (including her own party) are destroying her.

Lynn Wigglesworth