homestead - [Homestead] The President Elect

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] The President Elect
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 23:27:56 -0500

I was sick of the subject line.<g>
You're right, Lynn, and no apology is necessary. I'm trying to go back
and get back into my head at the time, as I know I have been wavering on
how much of this shit I believe or don't believe..I had Jordan on my lap
at the time and looking back in my sent folder, it looks like I actually
sent those links twice attached to two different posts for some
reason..distractions, I guess...but this was Bob's comment: "I think it
is probably just wild-eyed speculation among some isolated un-educated
groups." and to that first sentence in his reply, I replied 'I don't
know what to think'. I know that is vague, so.....
To clarify my stance...I don't know whether or not Obama intends to pay
reparations to various ethnic groups or how he might do that should he
want to. I don't believe that he will be writing out checks to
descendants of slaves, but I do believe he may create scholarships or
something in lieu of such actions. I, personally, would support that in
theory, but I have no idea of how one could begin to verify eligibility
for such. He's the man with the plans, so he can figure it out. :) I
don't know what to think about 'people' who believe that BO will pay
them for anything, whether mortgages, reparations, or ice cream. I
don't know how they came to think such, whether it was from Obama's own
vagueness or his actual words or media or church or maybe they simply
look at him and he becomes whatever it is that they want to believe him
to be. I honestly don't know or understand it. Warning, warning,
generalizations to follow....Africans believe Obama was born in Mombasa,
Muslims believe that Barack is a Muslim, some Americans believe he is
the Messiah, some fundamentalists believe he is the Anti-Christ, and
some Homesteaders believe him to be the best thing since sliced bread.
He seems to have this unique ability to be all things to all people and
that is simple impossible..something has to give and I don't know what
it will be.
All I can do is to try to make the best of it and look for the positives
now. I am in a state of transition, too, and it is hard to switch
gears, so y'all give me some time, ok?
I'll try to be fair to the guy and give him a shot at being a good
President. He certainly made a good speech today, but as he was
talking, I just felt like the Russians were sneering...maybe not.
If Biden's words are truthful in that BO will be tested, and I believe
they are, then PE Obama will need the support of every American, even
those of us who are not infected with the BO virus-those of us who don't
have a crush on Obama.

Bev

From: "EarthNSky" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>

As I have said before..this is the third time, I do not believe that Obama will pay reparations. I simply provided links from a quick search on the pro and con so that people could choose what they wanted to believe.

Sorry; you wrote that you "didn't know what to think". I thought that
meant that you might take these websites seriously.

Lynn Wigglesworth

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda