homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our new president, whoever he may be

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our new president, whoever he may be
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 14:44:06 -0800

Wellllll, how does that violence rate relate to the immigrant rate and what % of the crime is directly related to immigrants?

Over the last 20 years, the violent crime rate went through the roof in the county I just moved from. The crime rate can be directly chalked up to the homeless factor (court ordered "fix" in L.A. and Marin counties resulted in busloads of folks shipped north with a map and directions to the local welfare office) and the mass of illegals from Mexico and Central America who made their way north to grow. And, dare I say, the "import" of gang members from Georgia and the Florida panhandle since we are no longer allowed to mention "people of color."

And, no, I don't have a link to that. What I have is seeing the numbers, in person, since I had access. Family in high places <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <DSanner106 AT aol.com>

Suicide is a personal choice, and is directly related to personal happiness.
The happiest guy in the world can get murdered as can the least happy, so no
relation to the original question. The US murder rate has plummeted over the
last years. Under Clinton, 8.1 per 100,000 and under Bush 5.6 per 100,000
comparing the two. This is a drop of 31 percent. Does this mean as a nation we
are that much happier under the Bush administration? The murder rate in
France and all of Europe aside from Germany is skyrocketing. Violent crime in
France has passed the US on a per capita basis. The violent crime rate is now
higher in France than the United States and the same can be said for about half
of Europe.