homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our new president, whoever he may be

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our new president, whoever he may be
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 10:36:49 EST

Suicide is a personal choice, and is directly related to personal happiness.
The happiest guy in the world can get murdered as can the least happy, so no
relation to the original question. The US murder rate has plummeted over the
last years. Under Clinton, 8.1 per 100,000 and under Bush 5.6 per 100,000
comparing the two. This is a drop of 31 percent. Does this mean as a nation
we
are that much happier under the Bush administration? The murder rate in
France and all of Europe aside from Germany is skyrocketing. Violent crime in

France has passed the US on a per capita basis. The violent crime rate is now

higher in France than the United States and the same can be said for about
half
of Europe.

Drew

In a message dated 11/6/2008 9:42:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,