homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our new president, whoever he may be

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our new president, whoever he may be
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:43:28 EST

> > Is there a name for an economic
> system where large corporations have so much power?

Yes. It's called 'fascism'.

Most dictionary definitons go something like:
"A philosophy or system of government that is marked by stringent social and
economic control, a strong, centralized government usually ..."

A government can be fascist (and ours is rapidly heading there), but
separately an economy can be on a fascist basis. It means that the
government keeps
the basis of wealth in private hands (corporations in this case) but places
such tight regulations in place that it controls the operation of those
privately
held assets and resources. Controls them or favors them.