homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sarah's Choice

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sarah's Choice
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 22:15:09 -0800

No offense, ladies, but I find this whole thread to be a couple of things but one of them I'll mention here. Y'all don't need tin foil hats for this conspiracy theory. Y'all need help <g>

Do you seriously think that back in April that Palin knew that she was going to be given the nod for the VP position and she "planted" those stories in the news about the baby? Seriously?

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/382864.html

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2008/05/20/omission-watch-pro-life-alaska-governor-has-down-syndrome-baby

BTW, LEAKING amniotic fluid is NOT synonomous with "water breaking." Homework folks, homework.

AND, y'all might want to take note of the fact that DS is much less likely to occur in someone with the Palin kids ethnic mix. Seems the First People have a much lower rate of DS births (.82) than the rest of the population (1.52). Also, I wonder if they are in a fluoridated area and if not, then you can cut those numbers in half! Folks such as Sarah Palin are in the target age group, etc.

O.K., any cops on this list? What's the general feeling about eye witness testimony AND after-the-fact 15 minutes of fame testimony?

So, as an example of the reliability of "eye witness" testimony, I'll take some real life experiences. I drove the very first rootbeer brown and cream GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 long wheel-base truck (I custom ordered the sucker and it was the first one with that color combo off the line) which was, shall we say, unique. I pulled a 22' forest green stock trailor with Pacific Coast Gymkhana Champion and APHA World Halter Futurity Champion and several other appropriate plaques and stickers plastered all over it. Parked that combo right smack dab in front of a house, and with with the help of two rather large, well tatooed, scary looking dudes (Misfits to be exact), repo'd a Harley ('67 Sportster, as a matter of fact <g>). Waltzed right up the driveway, went in the garage and waltzed back out again with the motorcycle and loaded it in the trailer. The guy the ex sold the motorcycle to called the police and reported it stolen. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON gave an accurate description of my truck and trailer. In fact, not one single person said anything about a truck and stock trailer! I guess the one that came closest said there was a green van. AND, both the dimwit I repo'd the Sportster from AND the cop that came out failed to look at the notice of reposession I tacked on the garage door!

Second example, I have brown eyes. Black until I was about 4 or 5 and gradually have lightened to a dark hazel. All through my pregnancy with Son #3, I sang with DH's band. Had frosted hair. One woman came to most of the gigs. To this day, she swears I lied about being pregnant and that I must wear contacts because she knows I had blue eyes back then! NOT ONE person knew I was pregnant. Everyone who came to the shows still swears that I wasn't preggers!

So? And she went to work 3 days later. So? I went out and took care of horses 5 days after a c-section and I'm not super woman, believe me!