homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sarah's Choice

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sarah's Choice
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 21:08:34 -0600

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 9:56 AM, <paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:
> No. They spent most of their time in Wasilla, the house that graft
> built (yet another Palin scandal...the contractor got the job for a
> stadium in Wasilla and just happened to build the Palin's house on the
> side) and billed the people of Alaska a per diem for it. She said she
> made up for it by firing the full time cook at the governor's mansion.

Don't worry about the cook, who got another state job.

Having a contractor who you got a public works contract for build or
remodel your house appears to be SOP in Alaska. Even there it can get
a person in hot water. Or at least tepid water; it looks like Ted
Stevens is ahead in his election though (according to the NY Times
map) all the votes aren't in even as I type. Sarah Palin may be right
in step with Alaskan culture. Alaskans appear to be fierce and
independent unless they find a government teat handy.

Marie