homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Chicken Act

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Chicken Act
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 21:55:07 -0800

Don't cut back on energy use? Ah, you been smoking some of our finest from up here? I mean, works for me cause you're supporting one of our local industries <g> HOWEVER, it seems to have clouded your thinking. Only two states use less energy per capita than Californians! NY and RI. If ya want to holler at someone for using energy, then ya better start with Texas (#1 using coal, petroleum, natural gas and electricity) and for per capita, holler at Alaska!

So, Drew, you think that inhumane farming is just peachy keen? Whatever as long as some CEO is making the big bucks, huh?

Lynda

--- On Wed, 11/5/08 From: DSanner106 AT aol.com <DSanner106 AT aol.com>

Just like California. They don't want power plants and pass laws that keep
them out, but rather than cut back on energy consumption just import power from
other states. Same number of power plants, just in someone elses back yard.
Do you think they will quit consuming chicken? Nope just shut down the
california farms and import chicken from somewhere else. Same number of chickens > in cages, just across the state line.

Drew