homestead - [Homestead] What we know about a candidate

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] What we know about a candidate
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 19:21:26 -0600

Now that the election is over, staffers in the McCain campaign are
saying what they really think of Sarah Palin. I never did believe that
she was a common country woman: I'm sorry, but you don't end up on a
national ticket without campaigning for the spot and have some pretty
good political skills. Probably a lot of the recent revelations are
true. Now Fox News is reporting that she thought Africa was a country,
not a continent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc. I know
her college education was kind of spotty, but surely she took a
geography course in middle school.

I wondered how she managed to spend $150,000 on clothes even at Nieman
Marcus, but the campaign staff wondered even more:
http://www.newsweek.com/id/167581. I'm beginning to see why the term
'grifter' has been used in connection with the Palins. Just how many
suits did Todd need?

I know that some people on this list feel that there are holes in
Obama's story, but honestly, he's been campaigning for 2 years now for
the presidency, and Republican operatives have had all that time to
dig up dirt. So far, I don't see anything that causes my pulse to
race. If Bill Ayers continued to be a threat to humanity would a
Republican organization have asked him to participate? Among others, a
former University of Illinois president was on that board. The Hyde
Park neighborhood isn't all that big, and a wide variety of
intellectual types live there. The University of Chicago is also known
for being the home of the original neoconservatives and Milton
Friedmann. I bet he knows some of them too.

Marie