homestead - [Homestead] Bailout was: Electricity

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Bailout was: Electricity
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:47:20 -0500

> And y'all remember something about this bailout. The bailout passed is
> NOT Bush's bailout, it is Pelosi's bailout. Bush's bailout plan was 100
> and something pages long. It did not pass. Pelosi's pork laden bill,
> the one that passed, was like 450 pages long. It has been a month now
> and we still don't know what is in it.

Paulson and Bernanke's bailout bill was a very flawed three pages long. It
was quite obvious that it was a flawed bill. The bill that was voted on in
the house was something like 105 pages long but it failed. There not enough
Republican votes. The Senate version was stuck into a bill previously
passed by the house and totally unrelated to the bailout. In order to get
Republicans to vote for the bill unrelated amendments had to be stuck on and
some real help for the rest of us was struck off. There is a load of crap
hidden in that bill.

The new much longer bailout bill fixed most of the flaws of the original but
added many more flaws of its own. This is only the first deposit on what
could well swell to over $2T. The bushies have given the next
administration a present. Unless the Repugnicans stop bickering with the
more than likely democratic administration little will get done. And there
is a lot to do.

Don Bowen KI6DIU