homestead - Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)

  • From: dsanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 12:31:48 -0500

You are right Gene, The dems have controlled the last 2 years. My point
remains the same, The worst periods I recall are when EITHER party controlled
house, senate and the White House. If you want more of the early Bush years,
or the Carter years so be it. Laying on taxes during a recession is not wise.
Promising Trillions in new spending and a?tax cut for 95 percent of the
populace is not wise. This is what Carter did, and Unemployment soared. It
was 28 percent in my area (Michigan) and inflation was something over 10
percent as I recall. I just don't like either party having free reign to do
as they please.
Drew

Bush was supported by a Republican majority in Congress for his first
six years. The Democrats came to slim majority less than two years
ago. So, it was mostly Republicans who signed off on what Bush
proposals, not Democrats.