homestead - Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up , fake or not

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up , fake or not
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 09:13:37 -0500

Really, it makes no difference who said what recently: it's not news, anyway. We've been told for 3 or 4 years now, at least in the northeast, that "soon" (when is soon? I've no clue. Must be 3-4 years, because it's happening now here) electricity rates will shoot upward.
I guess I'm somewhat mystified that anyone would be surprised, or upset about who said what, when it's 'news' we've been having for a long time now.

Come to think about it, it's been more than 3-4 years, because the beginning of that conversation, at least when it hit the news around here, was when I got serious about getting my solar setup up and running, and that was before the house burned, which is 7 years ago this month. So news it ain't, at least not here.

SusanJane, in Maine