homestead - Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 20:11:49 -0800

Is this the one you are talking about?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/b/a/2008/11/02/nov05election-lies_half_truth_2.DTL

>>It's not true.

But the Drudge Report, the Republican National Committee and apparently even GOP VP candidate Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin fell for completely fabricated news from a shady website called Newsbusters today suggesting the San Francisco Chronicle has ''hidden'' audio with Sen. Barack Obama regarding his statements on coal.

The truth: the paper's January editorial board session with Obama included comments about coal. <http://cdn.sfgate.com/blogs/sounds/sfgate/chroncast/2008/01/17/20080117-obama-interview.mp3>The entire interview has been in the public domain, available on line to the public -- and to the McCain campaign -- since early January.<<