homestead - Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 01:25:11 -0500

Rob wrote:
Is this the one you are talking about?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/b/a/2008/11/02/nov05election-lies_half_truth_2.DTL

It's not true.

Did you listen to it? Why did you put FAKE in the subject line? It is
Obama's own voice. How can you post and say it is not true? I
listened...it is in context..not misconstrued...he clearly says that
electricity will go up-skyrocket was his word, not mine, due to
bankrupting coal powered plants. I realize that your "it's not true"
came from a pasted article, but Rob, it *is* true.
I know Obama was talking about clean energy and by default dirty coal
burning plants, and the building of new plants,but what he said amounts
to the loss of thousands of jobs, and by his own admission, a rise in
energy costs.

But the Drudge Report, the Republican National Committee and apparently even GOP VP candidate Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin fell for completely fabricated news from a shady website called Newsbusters today suggesting the San Francisco Chronicle has ''hidden'' audio with Sen. Barack Obama regarding his statements on coal.

Whether or not it was hidden is irrelevant. This is an Obama interview
in which he states his cap and trade plan and the implications of it,
which aren't good. If you dismiss the tape because some news
organization or a campaign spun it as 'hidden' then you are throwing out
the baby with the bathwater.

I honestly don't understand why all Obama supporters don't want to know
all of this stuff. I think a lot of people are going to be crushed
when they see and feel and experience the CHANGE he will bring. Two
years from now, we will be in a world of hurt. For your sake, Rob, I am
sorry that you aren't still in Minnesota. At least there you could have
chickens and goats and such. Hard times are coming, not good times.

Bev

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda