homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rice

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rice
  • Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 13:44:13 -0600

My pool has a concrete bottom, one foot high metal walls (holes drilled for draining, will plug with rubber corks from inside and plant mint at weeps on outside) 15 foot diameter. I have been saving rocks that came out of the trench from the septic reroute to put around the exterior to hide the metal. That would make it about 177 sf, or 23# of rice. We use a lot more rice too, because we cook our own dog food (turkey & rice with beans and greens). But it seems decent to experiment with. I'll send you a picture of it offline later this afternoon.

This is good info. When does one plant?

--Sage

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 15:00:55 -0400